Welcoming the Shabbat Queen, a little earlier!
Our Friday nights, with learning for adults and kids, vegetarian potluck dinners and of course, davvening, have become the real center of our communal lives at BHA, which is wonderful.
In the spirit of constantly assessing and trying to improve, we’re going to make some minor schedule changes to help with the flow of Friday nights here. My teaching is going to begin at 5:00 PM, so it's not so rushed before dinner, and our older students and Cantor Ellen are going to welcome families and lead them up to Mini Minyan after I get to read them a story. Here are the new times for potluck Shabbat, which is generally first three Fridays of the month:
- Friday Masa: (same time) 4:00-6:00*
- Stories with Rabbi Brent: 4:30-5:00
- Rabbi Brent teaching for adults: 5:00-6:00
- Cantor Ellen and B’nai Mitzvah class welcoming children: 5:00-5:30
- Mini Minyan: 5:30-6:00*
- Kiddush and Potluck: 6:00-7:00*
- Kabbalat Shabbat Services: 7:00-8:30*
*These times are the same as they were in the fall.
On the fourth (and fifth) Friday of the month, Masa will be from 4:00-6:00, and davening will be at 7:00, but we won't have the other programming.