About Us

Beacon Hebrew Alliance was founded back in 1921, when Warren G. Harding was president of the United States and the Model T Ford was turning America upside-down. 

At first, services and events were held in the Mechanics Savings Bank building and then in the Odd Fellows Hall over Schuman's Army and Navy Store. In 1929, the community built our current home, at 331 Verplanck Avenue. 

 

BHA has always been a warm, welcoming place where the Jewish community has connected with each other, the broader community and with the Divine.